Transportation Bunker Survey Testing and Inspection
Bunker survey testing and inspection from SGS – ensure the quantity and quality of the marine fuel that you purchase.
When buying marine fuel, you need to be sure of its quantity and quality. We provide ship bunker fuel inspection testing and inspection services to help ensure the quality and quantity of delivered fuels during bunkering. Our testing protocols are in full conformity with ISO 8217 specifications.
Why choose bunker survey testing and inspection from SGS?
Fuel quality analysis can include the basic ISO 8217 slate but may also be extended to include additional tests, including fuel compatibility and blending assessments. We will help you to avoid costly engine and fuel system problems caused by mixing incompatible fuels. Incompatible fuels blended together can cause precipitates, filter plugging and other major issues.
Given the major changes required by IMO 2020 and the increased usage and blending of new fuels, we are ready to help you protect your business interests. Fuel additive treatments are also available. With a global network of fuel oil inspection and testing facilities located in key port cities, our personnel can respond quickly and efficiently.
Our quality and quantity testing services enable you to establish compliance with a variety of regulations, including ISO 8217, Marpol Annex VI, Port State Control Inspections, SOx Emission Control Areas (ECA) and additional bunker delivery requirements.
ISO 8217 bunker fuel testing and inspection services
- Bulk fuel oil cargo custody transfer
- Inspection and testing
- Vessel bunker quantity survey (BQS) in accordance with ISO 13739
- Bunker fuel quality testing to ISO 8217, Marpol
- Annex VI, and other specifications
- Fuel compatibility assessments
- Forensic fuel oil Investigations of issues that arise
- On board quantity survey (OBQ/ROB)
- Sludge disposal survey
- Sampling documentation photographs, as requested or permitted
- Fuel additive treatments
ISO 8217 bunker fuel testing capabilities
- Flash point
- Cloud point
- Pour point
- Oxidation stability
- Water content
- Ash content
- Sulphur content
- Total sediments
- Carbon residue
- Hydrogen sulphide (H2S)
- Fatty acid methyl ester (FAME) content
- Biodiesel fuel blend stock, cetane index
- Catalyst fines testing, lab and field
- Trace contamination analysis by GC/MS
- In-depth forensic analysis
- Additional testing capabilities
We are your ideal partner for marine bunker fuel inspections and testing around the globe, with a single point of contact, 24/7 access and rapid access to quantity and quality reports.
We also provide a wide range of non-fuel services to the marine industry, including ballast and potable water testing, emissions testing, inventory of hazardous materials and more.
Contact us today for more information.