Transportation Engine Dynamometer Testing
Engine dynamometer testing from SGS – comprehensive engine testing using a wide range of specialised test cells.
We offer engine testing services to help you with engine development, allow you to meet regulatory requirements and support you with automotive homologation. Our specialised engine dynamometer test cells allow us to accommodate a wide range of test scenarios and simulated environmental conditions and can be used for different driving cycles.
Why choose engine dynamometer testing from SGS?
Our engine dynamometer test cells can be used for engine calibration and emissions testing. They can be used to test anything from small handheld engines to large heavy duty engines, including vehicle, marine and aircraft engines.
We offer test cells that feature combustion air temperature and pressure controls to simulate extreme temperatures and altitudes. Through our patented Balancing Altitude Simulation Equipment (BASE™) variable altitude system, we are able to simulate altitudes from sea level up to 14,000 feet above sea level. The BASE system allows us to provide the necessary air handling equipment to deliver extreme intake air temperatures and varying coolant temperatures. We also provide test cells that allow for a wide range of ambient test conditions.
An entire test matrix can be performed in a single engine test cell.
Our engine dynamometer test cells can be used for:
- Not to Exceed (NTE) testing, development and demonstrations
- Exhaust emissions certification tests to 40CFR Part 1065 and ISO 8178 standards
- Engine mapping and emission control system development
- Electronic control system calibration –– on site or off site, using your own engineers or using SGS calibration engineers
- Measurement of power, torque, emissions and fuel consumption
- Prototype engine development
- Engine component evaluations
- After treatment component evaluations
- Verification of retrofit systems for state programs
- Competitive benchmarking
- Fuel blend and additive studies
- Durability testing
- Cold testing
- Altitude and sea level testing
Our tests can follow a manufacturer’s standards or international test procedures according to US regulations, EC directives or ECE regulations. For homologation, we can use our own ISO 17025 accredited laboratories or we can witness testing in the manufacturer’s labs or external automotive testing facilities that fulfil the requirements of ISO 17025.
Trusted engine dynamometer testing from a world leading provider
As a global leader in automotive testing and engine test cell services, we offer unrivalled expertise and experience in testing throughout the transportation industry. Our local experts have decades of experience in delivering comprehensive services to meet your specific needs.
Contact SGS now to find out how out how we can help you with engine development, compliance testing and homologation.