Training Services AFSP Personal Qualification Program
Qualify as an Automotive Functional Safety Professional (AFSP) and an Automotive Functional Safety Expert (AFSE) with the personal qualification programme for ISO 26262, developed by SGS.
Qualify to work in functional safety with our two-step qualification programme.
Step 1: Automotive Functional Safety Professional (AFSP)
This status will be awarded to learners who have completed the training modules and successfully passed the final exam. Attendance of the preparatory training modules or, alternatively, proof of completion of equal training, is a prerequisite for admission to the two-hour exam.
The AFSP training modules include:
- K2: Management of Functional Safety (FSM) and Safety management – processes – supporting processes
- K3: Concept development and from risk analysis to the functional safety concept
- K4: System development and technical safety concept and system design
- K5: Hardware development and safety-oriented hardware development acc. to ISO 26262-5
- K6: Software development and safety-oriented software development acc. to ISO 26262-6
Modules can be booked independently.
Step 2: Automotive Functional Safety Expert (AFSE)
To achieve AFSE status, learners must demonstrate that they have performed relevant work for at least five years. Individuals desiring to achieve this status should apply to the SGS-TÜV Saar Testing Commission, documenting their experience in functional safety and successfully pass a three-hour qualification audit.
On successful completion of this program the SGS-TÜV Saar seal confirms to the attendee that he/she is an AFSE.
To find out more about our automotive personal qualification programme contact us today.