SGS COVID-19 Health and Safety Disinfection Monitoring and Approval Mark
As you resume operations after the COVID-19 outbreak, protecting the health of your employees and customers becomes more important than ever. SGS provides a range of disinfection monitoring solutions to help you prevent the spread of novel coronavirus and keep them safe.
From assessments of your cleaning procedures to post-cleaning verification, our solutions will enable you to open your doors while meeting the strict standards of cleanliness needed to prevent exposure to the virus.
Cleaning and Disinfection Supervision
We offer on-site and remote management and supervision services to ensure the effectiveness of your cleaning and disinfection procedures. These include:
- Assessments of your documented cleaning and disinfection procedures, inspired by international standards
- Validation of the efficacy of your disinfection procedures
- Validation of your cleaning agents according to the latest approved registered products lists
- Identification of possibly affected areas and surfaces, and mapping of exposure routes and transmission pathways for COVID-19
- Training in adequate cleaning and disinfection procedures
We offer post-cleaning validation walk-through inspections and supplementary environmental surface sampling to assess the effectiveness of your cleaning and disinfection programmes and the extent and persistence of COVID-19 on surfaces. These are performed by SGS health and safety experts trained in infection prevention and control procedures.
Our sampling activities are based on current WHO and other internationally recognised guidelines. We will:
- Create a detailed plan of your site’s layout, including ventilation systems, furniture placement and contact surfaces
- Identify critical sampling points based on possible disease transmission routes and frequently touched surfaces
- Document all cleaning and disinfection activities for the designated sampling points
- Collect the necessary control samples
To validate your cleaning and disinfection procedures, we offer a combination of on-site and laboratory testing for surface swab samples:
- Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) and surface debris testing as a metric for the hygiene status assessment
- SARS-CoV-2 testing based on the Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-qPCR), allowing for the screening of the targeted virus
We have partnered with many industry leaders from hotels, restaurants and retail businesses to develop the scope of activities behind these services.
Premises that meet the defined requirements will be awarded the SGS Approval Mark. This mark provides assurance that hotels, retail stores, restaurants, offices and other facilities have effective procedures for cleaning and disinfection. As a result, it offers customers and staff peace of mind as they enter and use the facility, knowing risks have been minimised.
For further information, please contact:
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.