Mining Contaminated Land Studies
Soil and groundwater pollution can become an environment and health problem that far exceeds the boundaries of your site. Avoid environmental disasters and the financial consequences with a pollution study from SGS. Call our team of contaminated land experts now to find out more.
With our international experience in environmental management, we have the track record to deal with your ground contamination management.
We use state-of-the-art equipment to conduct manual or mechanical drilling and take soil and water samples for analysis. Our scientific professionals use our certified laboratories and on-site mobile installations to investigate a range of parameters to understand what pollution is present.
Our experienced team of geologists, hydrogeologists and agronomists use the latest safety equipment and top-of-the-range equipment to carry out technical investigations of groundwater and soil problems – from simple sampling to deep drilling and installation of wells and piezometers. Our range of techniques include:
- Installing piezometers to monitor groundwater contamination
- In-depth characterisation study to determine the extent of pollutants
- Groundwater modelling to examine the dispersion of underground contaminants
- Sampling of surface waters to determine pollutant levels
- Analysis of weather data to anticipate fluctuating temperatures and potential rainfall that can contribute to the release of contaminants
- Air and odour measurements
- Membrane interface probe (MIP)
- Passive soil gas sampling modules (Sorbers)
- Direct well
Through our pollution studies, we will provide you with the independent advice your company needs to meet all regulatory requirements. We work with you to develop a successful environmental management programme and a cost-effective plan for site decontamination.
Our expertise in contaminated land studies includes the following fields:
- Historical study
- Orientation ‘first step’ study
- Characterisation or delineation study
- Brownfield analysis
- Contaminant fate and transport study
- Excavated ground management
- Feasibility study
- Remediation study
With proven experience and an international network that guarantees you a quality service throughout the world, we will tackle your ground and groundwater contamination problem rapidly and efficiently. To protect your site and avoid costly retroactive clean-up activity, call our contaminated land experts today.