Environmental, Health and Safety Occupational or Industrial Hygiene Monitoring
Occupational/industrial hygiene monitoring protects worker’s health.
Successful, sustainable businesses manage worker health protection to reduce the extent and severity of work-related illnesses and their related costs.
SGS Occupational/Industrial Hygiene Services
We offer a range of services to help companies protect their employees from failures in industrial hygiene procedures. Services include:
- Qualitative assessments per Similar Exposure Groups (SEG)
- Hazard identification
- Estimating potential severity of exposure
- Sampling plan development
- Quantitative assessments including:
- Airborne chemical contaminant exposure measurements & evaluations
- Physical exposure measurements & evaluations (e.g. noise, radiation, heat stress, vibration)
- Biological agent evaluations
- Exposure data management
- Local & global standards comparisons
- Statistical analysis
- Data base inputs
- Control programme development, auditing
- Ventilation system evaluation
- Hearing conservation
- Respiratory protection
- Specific hazards, including:
- Educational material development
Why Choose SGS?
With a global network of hygienists and sampling experts based in more than 60 countries and covering over 100 countries, our state-of-the-art expertise and cutting-edge monitoring systems will help your business establish effective industrial hygiene programmes. Our occupational hygienists work in a broad range of industries and are available for global and local projects; providing a bespoke service to meet your requirements.
Supported by our global Centre of Excellence, SGS Galson in Syracuse (USA), we offer the latest innovation in industrial hygiene monitoring, deliver an unrivalled expertise and guidance to our clients and even provide equipment rental solutions for industrial hygiene professionals.
To learn more about occupational hygiene monitoring, contact your local SGS office.