Environmental, Health and Safety Fenceline Monitoring
Refineries and petrochemical plants must undertake fenceline monitoring for VOCs in order to reduce their impact on the environment.
In late 2015, the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued a final rule requiring oil refineries and petrochemical plants to monitor benzene emissions at their fence-line. The EPA enacted passive sampling monitoring for its technical and practical benefits, including low detection limits, high accuracy and precision. It is also easy to use, doesn’t require sampling pumps and can produce results that are time-integrated.
Outside the United States, similar methodologies are increasingly considered and become a must for refinery and petrochemical plants operators.
SGS Fenceline Monitoring
SGS offers services for US EPA Method 325: Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) from Fugitive and Area Sources. Our comprehensive fenceline services offer:
- Quality assurance – backed-up by experienced professionals and rigorous performance programmes
- Sampling systems – user-friendly, complete field sampling kits available
- Real-time support – available online
- Technical expertise – through our laboratories and subject matter experts
- Accredited laboratories – certified to state and federal programmes
- Regulatory compliance – can assist with regulatory agencies
- Data interpretation – finest analytical tools to determine source of emissions
- Competitive value – priced to include value-added services
- Customised reporting – to meet your needs via direct data download and/or electronic data delivery
Passive monitoring methods offer several technical and practical benefits, including low detection limits, high accuracy and precision, results that are time integrated over a number of days, no required sampling pumps, ease of use, and significant cost savings.
We provide the best in electronic data delivery through extensive lab information management systems that insure accuracy, quality control, and client satisfaction. Many of these services are industry innovations and we are always adding more.
Volatile Organic Compounds
While benzene is the primary target for fenceline monitoring, the sampling and analysis methodology can also be utilized for other VOCs, including butadiene, toluene, ethylbenzene, xylenes and other hazardous air pollutants (HAPs).
Why Choose SGS?
Our experienced team of committed professionals provide trustworthy, quality, accurate results, allowing your business to fulfil its regulatory requirements for fenceline monitoring.
Contact your local SGS office for more information on fenceline monitoring.