Consumer Goods and Retail Furniture Flammability Testing
Ensure furniture products and mattresses comply with all relevant safety standards and regulations with flammability testing from SGS.
As a furniture manufacturer, ensuring that your products meet the stringent flammability standards and regulations requires specialised testing. We offer you a range of furniture flammability testing services to support your existing compliance programme.
Why Choose Furniture Flammability Testing from SGS?
We offer a wide range of flammability testing, including:
- Flame spread
- Heat release rate
- Smoke density
- Carbon monoxide concentration
- Cigarette test
- Frame test
- Mattress test
We provide comprehensive testing for furniture flammability standards, including:
Upholstery, seats and sofas:
- EU: EN 1021-1, EN 1021-2, ISO 8191-1, ISO 8191-2
- UK: SI 1324, BS 5852, BS 6807, BS EN 1021-1, BS EN 1021-2
- USA: CA TB 117, CA TB 116, NFPA 260, ASTM E1352, NFPA 261, NFPA 266, CA TB 133
- China: GB 20286, GB 8624, GB 17927
- Canada: SOR/2011-22
- EU: EN 597-1, EN 597-2
- UK: SI 1324, BS 7177, BS 6807, BSEN 597-1, BSEN 597-2
- USA: 16 CFR 1633, 16 CFR 1632, CA TB 129, CA TB 106
- Canada: SOR/80-810, CAN/CGSB-4.2 No. 27.7
- EU: ENISO 12952-1, ENISO 12952-2
- UK: BS 7175, BSENISO 12952-1, BSENISO 12952-2
- USA: ASTM D4151, 16 CFR 1610, 16 CFR 1611
- China: GB/T 20390.1, GB/T 20390.2
Comprehensive Flammability Testing from an Expert Provider
As a world-leading provider of inspection, testing, verification and certification services for the furniture industry, we offer you unrivalled expertise in furniture flammability test requirements. With a worldwide presence and a global network of laboratories and experts, we can provide you with access to up-to-date flammability test equipment and methods, wherever and whenever you need them.
To discuss your furniture flammability testing requirements, contact us today.