Consumer Goods and Retail Furniture
Deliver functional, quality and compliant furniture that withstands everyday use with SGS furniture certification, testing and inspection services.
Consumers want to buy well-designed, functional, durable and safe products. SGS assists manufacturers, retailers and buyers do just that by checking a product’s compliance against regional, national and international standards (EN, ASTM, ISO, JIS, AUS/NZ, SASO…) as well as your own specifications.
Our furniture services cover all aspects of furnishings from every room in the house and out into the garden. When developing or sourcing a new product, employing our expertise to test it prior to launch could save you the financial cost, logistical difficulty and reputational damage of recalling or fixing defective items.
From initial design concept, through production and into stores we help you with services including:
- Product safety & performance testing – performance, furniture durability, flammability, chemicals, electrical safety, textile, accelerated weathering
- Consultancy & technical assistance – expert assistance every step of the way
- Factory, social and environmental audits – ensuring effective supply chain management
- Inspection & production control – production and packaging monitoring and quality control
- Staff & supplier training
- Self-assembly furniture consumer panels – testing assembly instructions
- Sustainability services – Cradle to Cradle certification and support for developing eco-friendly furniture
To help you to assess the safety and the durability of a wide range of indoor and outdoor furniture products for adults and children, including:
- Upholstered furniture
- Beds and mattresses
- Cabinets and storage units
- Seats, chairs and sofas
- Materials, components and finishes
- Children’s equipment, such as cots, high chairs, bunk beds and cradles
- Outdoor furniture, such as garden and camping furniture
- Kitchen furniture
- Bathroom furniture
- Office furniture
- Non-domestic furniture for restaurants, hotels and companies
Why Choose SGS?
Our experts are on hand to provide the support you need, devise a tailored programme of testing and ensure your products meet applicable furniture standards. Accredited to UKAS, HOKLAS, CNAS and VINAS, we are a member of BIFMA (Business and International Furniture Manufacturer’s Association), KCMC (Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturer’s Association) and BNBA (Bureau de Normalisation du Bois et de l’Ameublement).
In the event of problems of liability after manufacture, testing your furniture according to recognised standards can help you demonstrate that you took all necessary precautions to ensure the safety of the furniture.
Contact SGS today to enjoy the fruits of a partnership with the leading testing, certification and verification supplier.