Consumer Goods and Retail EU Ecolabel
SGS EU Ecolabel services – testing and consultancy services to help you apply successfully for the eco-label.
The eco-label flower is the official voluntary mark for ecological quality, Ecolabel, in the EU and a recognised marketing symbol. Consumers today are more sensitive to the protection of the environment and future generations and would like to buy more environmentally friendly products. For manufacturers, retailers or importers, the eco-label enables them to prove their commitment to a safer environment for their customers.
The eco-label - for a better, safer world
Our Ecolabel services demonstrate that products meet the scheme’s high standards of both performance and environmental quality.
Qualifying products must demonstrate:
- A high level of performance
- Labelling with clear guidelines for safe, effective and efficient use
- Compliance to strict limits on the use of dangerous substances
- High standards of biodegradability
- A lower impact on the aquatic environment
- Limited packaging waste
We qualify cosmetic and personal care products through biodegradability, ecotoxicology and performance testing, as well as conducting consumer panel tests. Award of the Ecolabel is dependent on compliance with:
- Regulation (EC) 1223/2009 on cosmetics
- Regulation (EC) 1907/2006 REACH
- Regulation (EU) 528/2012 on biocides
- Regulation (EC) 1272/2008 CLP
The following products can qualify for an Ecolabel:
- Hair conditioners
We are accredited according to ISO 17025 for the tests required by the European Ecolabel. Our added-value services for all types of cosmetics include: product testing, documentation review, compliance with the EU Cosmetic Regulation (EC) 1223/2009, audits and inspections.
Contact SGS today to find out more.