Construction Rock Testing
Rock testing from SGS – provides the data you need to select suitable material for your construction projects and comply with the relevant regulatory standards.
When using naturally occurring rock in your construction projects, carefully selecting suitable material is essential. To help you, our rock testing services ensure that you select material that is suitable for your project and complies with the relevant standards and regulations.
Why choose rock testing from SGS?
We offer you the resources, experience and expertise to support projects in any location and under any conditions. That is why we are the first choice for clients that require world-class rock testing across the globe.
Our rock testing services can help you:
- Gain the vital test data you need during your project’s design phase – on your site, anywhere in the world
- Ensure that you select rock that provides the qualities and performance you need for your project
- Comply with the relevant standards and regulations
- Modify plans using test results to account for future problems
- Save time and money by implementing crucial selection and quality control procedures
The experience, resources and expertise you need for world-class rock testing
As the world-leader in independent inspection, testing, verification and certification, we offer you a state-of-the-art global network of rock testing laboratories. Plus, we can deploy mobile labs directly to your site, offering you continuous or on-demand testing to ensure the right material quality – any time, anywhere.
We offer you a range of rock testing services, including:
- Absorption and related properties
- Direct shear test
- Point load, compressive and tensile strength
- Poisson ratio
- Swelling and slake durability
- Void ratio
- Water content and porosity
- Young modulus of rock
Contact us to find out how our rock testing services can ensure that you select the right material for your project and comply with safety and regulatory standards.